bed

bed
oil on wood ( approx 4'x5')

freshpinks

freshpinks
oil on cut-out wood panel (approx 4'x4')

Friday, September 11, 2009

I caught a piece of an interview on the CBC, the discussion in progress was around time. The comment that peaked my interest was "... past, present and future all exist in now..."
I was intrigued and thought if out experiences already exist now why do I go through the motions? Am I meant to simply play out what has happened? Though this idea seems different than the notion of predetermination and fate, less like a story line more like distilled compressed whole.
Apparently physicists determine this to be a truth, so if everything does exist in the now, then I am here, in this opportunity called life, to experience, respond, learn, appreciate, witness and share in the ways that I find appropriate and honest in my art. My expression being the traces to leave in the "now" to accompany me in my monumental unique 'moment journey' in time.
In any case I find this something I can keep in mind for new work.

No comments:

About Me

I am mainly interested in painting ideas, often through the use of more or less figuative elements. I work in many media including oil paint, acrylic, resin, and encaustic on a variety of sufraces such as wood, canvas and steel. Performance has also been a part of my work, mainly in Europe, but more recently here as well.