bed

bed
oil on wood ( approx 4'x5')

freshpinks

freshpinks
oil on cut-out wood panel (approx 4'x4')

Tuesday, December 5, 2006

flora



For this piece I made the image in cardboard approximately one third of the size. this "template" was used to lazar cut the piece at a factory, I prepared the surface for partial application of oil paint and had metal bolts placed on the back for wall mounting. The material is quarter inch steel, and I have the piece in the garden exposed to the elements to enrich and etch the surface further with oxidation. "Flora" is half fawna, half flora rooted and reaching strong and vunerable.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Jacqu, I love this sculpture and the photo, very nice!!

About Me

I am mainly interested in painting ideas, often through the use of more or less figuative elements. I work in many media including oil paint, acrylic, resin, and encaustic on a variety of sufraces such as wood, canvas and steel. Performance has also been a part of my work, mainly in Europe, but more recently here as well.